The design of the project was the only thing approved. Sullivan said they have not yet received an estimate on the price of the project. He said the district attorney’s office told them the project could be paid for from funds generated by the jail sales tax.
The project will be further discussed at the next Jail Authority Meeting on Nov. 19 at 11 a.m. in the Cleveland County Courthouse.
Other items on the agenda included:
· A Cleveland County resolution updating the CIRB Program five-year allocation plan.
· The jail report from the sheriff’s office. There are currently 406 inmates in the county jail, 80 of which will be transported by the Department of Corrections.
· The appointment of Sheriff Joe Lester and Undersheriff Rhett Burnett as requesting officers.
· The renewal of a county bid for the rental and cleaning of new uniforms for another year. All terms and conditions will remain the same.
· A maintenance software agreement between the Cleveland County assessor and Apex Software at the cost of $3,915. The agreement had no changes from last year.
· Meeting dates and times for Calendar Year 2013.