The Moore American

September 11, 2013

Pub damaged in Monday fire

American Staff
The Moore American

MOORE — An early morning fire that apparently started in the attic of Mooney’s Pub near Interstate 35 and Indian Hills Road was quickly extinguished Monday.

Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said about 30 firefighters responded to the blaze at 5:45 a.m. Monday. It took about 15 minutes to extinguish, and firefighters remained on the scene at 6221 N. Interstate Drive to monitor hot spots Monday morning.

The fire marshal was on the scene investigating. No estimate on damage was available, he said. One firefighter suffered a minor neck injury.

In November 2009, a Moore police officer spotted flames shooting from the building early in the morning. That fire caused an estimated $40,000 damage to the building and its contents. Officials determined it was caused by a candle left burning in an office.