By Joy Hampton
The Moore American
MOORE — County officials were somber Monday in response to the news of former County Commissioner George Skinner’s death.
“My condolences go out to the Skinner family,” current District 2 Commissioner Darry Stacy said. “He did an awesome job for many years and he will be missed.”
Stacy won the seat after Skinner declined to run for re-election. Skinner had the post for 22 years.
Despite the gravity of the day, county business went on as usual. Commissioners approved an interlocal agreement with District Attorney Greg Mashburn for $327,417 to provide county elected officials and county employees with legal advice and representation in relevant county matters.
The interlocal agreement includes McClain and Garvin counties.
Cleveland County pays the largest portion of that total amount. The portions are based on the size of the counties and services needed.
The $327,417 pays for three civil attorneys, staff, a law library and law resources. Assistant District Attorneys Jim Robertson, Carol Dillingham and new hire Heather Darby are the civil attorneys who assist county leadership with legal matters.
In other business, county commissioners approved the following blanket purchase orders:
· District 1 — Mid-West Hose & specialty $1,200; Steve’s Wholesale Distribution $500, Thomas Wire Rope $500
· District 2 — Certified Laboratories $2,000, P&K Equipment $1,500, Fleet Pride $1,500
· District 3 — James Supply & Rental $500, KSM Exchange LLC $2,500
· County Commissioners Office — Copelin’s Office Center $500
· Fair Board — Winfield Solutions LLC $1,000
· Sheriff’s Office — Forest Lumber Company $300, Reynolds Ford $800, Occupational Health Centers SW $250
· Building Maintenance — W.W. Grainger Inc. $500, Copelin’s Office Center $500, Home Depot Credit Services $500, Voss Lighting $1,000
· Health Department — Holly Warren $300, Katherine Cintron $50, Julie Yuhas $200
Commissioners also approved the following purchase orders: General Fund $752,535; Highway Fund $119,395; Health Fund $10,960; Sheriff Services Fee Fund $7,125; Sheriff Commissary Fund $4,180; Sheriff Revolving Fund $15,959; County Clerk Preservation Fund $28,132; County Clerk Lien Fund $298; Assessor Revolving Fund $2,400; Fair Board Fund $439
Joy Hampton 366-3539 jhampton@ normantranscript.com