MOORE — The Moore Public Library has announced its schedule for free computer classes in March.
Registration is required for each class. To register, visit the library, call the library at 793-4349, or self-register online at the library’s Events Calendar at www.justsoyouknow.us/moore.
The March schedule features:
· March 5, 9:30 a.m.: Computer Basics: An introduction to the computer with practice using a mouse.
· March 8, 9:30 a.m.: Email Basics: Learn the basics of using e-mail, including reading, sending, and deleting messages. Receive assistance with signing up for a free e-mail address.
· March 12, 9:30 a.m.: Advanced Email: Learn advanced options of using e-mail. Includes working with folders and attachments. Email Basics or equivalent is a prerequisite.
· March 15, 9:30 a.m.: Basic Microsoft Publisher 2010: An introduction to the desktop publishing software Microsoft Publisher. Participants will create a basic sign, a flyer and a bookmark. Intermediate computer skills are recommended.
· March 19, 9:30 a.m.: Basic Microsoft Word 2010: Learn the basics of word processing software Microsoft Word 2010. Includes opening and saving a document and manipulating document text.
· March 21, 6:30 p.m.: Pinterest for Beginners: Introduction to the social networking website that allows you to pin items of interest to a virtual pinboard. Create a login, create a board and learn how to re-pin and create a pin. Intermediate computer skills are recommended.
· March 26, 9:30 a.m.: Intermediate Microsoft Word 2010: Learn intermediate word processing skills using Microsoft Word 2010, such as cut and paste, among others. Basic Microsoft Word 2010 or equivalent is a prerequisite.
· March 29, 9:30 a.m.: Facebook for Beginners: A basic introduction to Facebook. Participants will register, learn about finding friends, accessing the wall and profile and account information, plus learn how to protect your privacy. Intermediate computer skills are recommended. Participants must have an e-mail address and bring it, plus their password, to the class.
Moore Reads book discussion group to meet
The Moore Reads book discussion group continues its monthly series of discussions with a look at “The Night Circus,” by Erin Morgenstern. The group meets at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 28, in the Conference Room of the Moore Public Library, 225 S. Howard Ave.
The group is for ages 18 and up and generally meets the fourth Thursday of the month.
Copies of each month’s selected book can be picked up at the library’s Information Desk.
Upcoming books and authors include:
March – “Muffins and Mayhem,” by Suzanne Beecher
April – “Old School,” by Tobias Wolff, this year’s selection for The Big Read.
Registration is not required to take part.
For more information, call 793-4349 or go online to www.justsoyouknow.us/moore