OKLAHOMA CITY —
The National Tornado Summit is an educational forum that provides attendees with the knowledge they need to excel in their field. Confirmed speakers include:
· Mike Bettes — The Emmy Award-winning meteorologist from the Weather Channel will describe the day a record-setting twister left major damage in Oklahoma and crushed his storm-chasing vehicle.
· Bob Hartwig — The president of the Insurance Information Institute will discuss insurance trends and challenges in an era of climate volatility.
· Tanya Brown, Ph.D. — The research engineer for the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety will teach insurance adjusters how to win the war on hail.
· Larry Tanner — The researcher with the National Wind Institute will share his assessment of safe rooms used during the May 20th tornado in Moore.
· Moore Mayor Glenn Lewis and Tuscaloosa Mayor Walter Maddox — The community leaders will share the lessons they learned after facing two of the worst tornadoes in U.S. history.
Registration is available online at tornadosummit.org.
Early bird registration, ends Dec. 6, is $199; regular registration, from Dec. 7-Jan. 31, is $249; onsite registration, Feb. 1-11, is $299; and the government rate is $129.
For registration or sponsorship information, call 604-0041 or email email@example.com.