High winds do more than cause damage to homes, it also blows in unreputable and out of state contractors.
Use local contractors to repair or build homes.
“If the roof leaks six weeks from now, an out of state contractor will not come back to fix it,” said Mayor Glenn Lewis.
Gerry Ferren with A Better Solution also offers this advice:
• Use a local contractor with a local address and telephone number.
• Don’t pay any money up front. A reputable contractor has credit, will do the work and then present a bill.
• Use contractors that are known by the Better Business Bureau, Moore Chamber of Commerce.
• Make sure the contractor is EPA certified.
• Make sure the contractor has insurance and get a certificate of insurance from the company.
Most reputable contractors will have a Web site. A Better Solution has a three year labor warranty and its shingles have a 30 year manufacturer warranty.